Monday 8 November 2010

Finished

I can honestly say this has been one of the hardest challenges I have ever done. And i,m pretty convinced that without the crowds cheering you on it would be very easy to give up and walk.

For me the time wasn't important well as long as it was sub 5 hours that's all that matters and that was going to be a challenge with my torn hamstring, the guy from the New York Fire Department advised me it was possible I just needed to take small strides so that's what I did.

I managed to keep up with Simon and April to mile 8 but after that my leg was hurting so I dropped the pace. I also made a mistake with my gel packs in that I hadn't run on them previously, they ended up giving me stomach cramps which was very unpleasant.

At mile 12 I just wanted to pack in everything hurt and it was at this stage I started to worry I couldn,t complete this challenge, especially knowing I had more than half the race to do.

Still I kept plugging away and when I hit mile 18 I started believing again and as I said its the crowd that brings you home. I thought it was going to be lonely crossing the line on my own but everyone was congratulating each other afterall we had all gone through the same torture.

So 3 the challenges in 99 days are now complete what next, nothing is the answer my body is Knackered and I intend to spend quality time with my family.

1 comment: